FCSU helps its members succeed through education by awarding over $79,000 in college scholarships each year.
FIRST CATHOLIC SLOVAK UNION 2017 SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE
Eighty (80) ONE-TIME SCHOLARSHIPS will be awarded to the winners.
– 75 scholarships in the amount of $1,000.00.
– A “Philip Hrobak Scholarship” and “Stephanie Husek Scholarship” in the amount of $1,250.00 each will be awarded to the highest ranking male and female applicants respectively.
– Three Scholarships of $1,000.00 each will be given from the “John A. Sabol Nursing Scholarship Fund” to applicants who have been accepted into either an approved three or four year hospital nursing program or a fully-accredited college of their choice.
In addition, upon proof of college graduation and completed insurance application, each recipient will be issued a paid up $3,000 Single Premium Life Insurance Policy.
THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. Applicants must have: a minimum of $5,000.00 reserve insurance (Ordinary Whole Life, Twenty Pay Whole Life, or Single Premium Whole Life); or minimum of $10,000.00 JEP Policy; or minimum of $1,000 annuity with the FCSU for at least four years prior to April 1st of the year of graduation from high school. All scholarship winners must maintain this insurance in force during their college years. Applicants must be insured prior to April 1, 2013 to be eligible under the rules of this period.
2. Applicants must apply for grants in the Spring of their senior year of high school, between the ages of 17 and 19.
3. Applicants must have applied for the Fall term of 2017 at a qualifying institution.
4. Applicants must submit an official Scholarship application that can be obtained from a branch officer, the Home Office or download an application here.
5. Applicants must submit a completed application to:
Scholarship Program, First Catholic Slovak Union, 6611 Rockside Road, Suite 300, Independence, OH 44131
not later than March 31, 2017.
6. Applications will be accepted only on the proper forms. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS (THOSE WHICH ARE RECEIVED NOT FULLY COMPLETED OR DO NOT HAVE ALL ATTACHMENTS) WILL BE INVALID AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE.
7. Winners will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee (an independent group of professional educators) according to their individual merit in categories of high school cumulative grade point averages, extracurricular activities, talents, achievements, initiative, communication skills, transcripts and S.A.T. and/or A.C.T. test scores.
8. Final award checks will be made payable to the winners upon submitting a proof of college enrollment not later than the fall term of the following year (fall semester of 2018).
Applications must be postmarked by midnight, March 31, 2017
All applications without the above stipulated postmark will be considered invalid.
United Slovak Societies of Lorain Accepting Scholarship Applications
The United Slovak Societies of Lorain, Ohio will offer $1,000 college non-renewable scholarship awards to eligible High School seniors who are five year members of the following Lorain Lodges:
St. John the Baptist, Branch 228, of the FCSU
Slovak Catholic Sokol Wr. 111 & 177
St. Mary Magdalene of the LPSCU Branch 77
National Slovak Society Assembly #160
St. Ann’s Lodge of the FCSLA Branch 114
Deadline for application is May 30, 2017.
To obtain rules and application, please visit, www.americanslovakclub.com or contact Michele Mager at 440/984-3353
FCSU Member, Branch 228
Secretary-United Slovak Societies