FCSU helps its members succeed through education by awarding over $79,000 in college scholarships each year.
JEDNOTA BENEVOLENT 2017 SCHOLARSHIP
The Jednota Benevolent Foundation, Inc is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for its 2017 Scholarship Program.
THE COMMITTEE SHALL AWARD UP TO TEN ONE-TIME $500 SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE CANDIDATES WHO BEST SATISFY THE AWARD CRITERIA.
Any individual of Slovak descent and Catholic faith who attends an Approved Post Secondary Educational Institution is eligible for a Scholarship.
Applicants will be required to describe accomplishments they believe would qualify them for recognition in general, and specifically, accomplishments in the areas of:
- Service to school, church and community
Applicants will also be required to provide:
- An official college transcript of grades and all standardized test scores achieved, including all ACT or SAT scores; (if applicable)
- One (1) letter of recommendation authored by a teacher, counselor, administrator or an employment supervisor familiar with the applicant;
- Examples of applicant’s community involvement;
- A list and description of leadership positions held by applicant;
- A list of awards received by applicant for scholastic excellence, community involvement, or leadership ability;
- A description of the applicant’s academic or career objectives;
- A statement demonstrating an applicant’s need for education financing.
If you have questions please contact:
Jednota Benevolent Foundation, Inc.
First Catholic Slovak Union
6611 Rockside Road, Suite 300
Independence, Ohio 44131
Phone 1-800-533-6682 – Fax 216-642-4310
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MIDNIGHT SEPTEMBER 30, 2017
*Family members of the Scholarship Committee are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.Download Application
Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance 2017 Scholarship Program
The Scholarship Committee of the Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance is announcing that the 2017 applications are now available for the annual Scholarship Program. Applications can be obtained through eligible members of a Fraternal Benefit Society belonging to the Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance or by contacting the Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance Secretary-Treasurer at Theresa@lpscu.org or 888-834-6614.
• Be a resident of Pennsylvania and a member of a Fraternal Benefit Society that is a member of the Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance.
• Be a 2017 high school graduate attending an accredited college, university, trade school, etc. in the summer/fall of 2017 as a full time student (twelve semester credits).
• Obtain a recommendation letter from their Fraternal Benefit Society.
• Submit a 500-word essay on: “What does fraternal mean to you? What would you do to increase the relevance of fraternals to you and your peers?”
Return the completed application, essay and letter of recommendation, postmarked no later than September 1, 2017 to Virginia Holmes Chairperson, Pennsylvania Fraternal Alliance Scholarship Committee, 1625 Vermont Avenue, White Oak, PA 15131
At least one $500 scholarship will be awarded. Additional scholarships may be awarded depending upon available funds.Download Application