FCSU helps its members succeed through education by awarding over $79,000 in college scholarships each year.
JEDNOTA BENEVOLENT 2017 SCHOLARSHIP
The Jednota Benevolent Foundation, Inc is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for its 2017 Scholarship Program.
THE COMMITTEE SHALL AWARD UP TO TEN ONE-TIME $500 SCHOLARSHIPS TO THE CANDIDATES WHO BEST SATISFY THE AWARD CRITERIA.
Any individual of Slovak descent and Catholic faith who attends an Approved Post Secondary Educational Institution is eligible for a Scholarship.
Applicants will be required to describe accomplishments they believe would qualify them for recognition in general, and specifically, accomplishments in the areas of:
- Service to school, church and community
Applicants will also be required to provide:
- An official college transcript of grades and all standardized test scores achieved, including all ACT or SAT scores; (if applicable)
- One (1) letter of recommendation authored by a teacher, counselor, administrator or an employment supervisor familiar with the applicant;
- Examples of applicant’s community involvement;
- A list and description of leadership positions held by applicant;
- A list of awards received by applicant for scholastic excellence, community involvement, or leadership ability;
- A description of the applicant’s academic or career objectives;
- A statement demonstrating an applicant’s need for education financing.
If you have questions please contact:
Jednota Benevolent Foundation, Inc.
First Catholic Slovak Union
6611 Rockside Road, Suite 300
Independence, Ohio 44131
Phone 1-800-533-6682 – Fax 216-642-4310
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MIDNIGHT OCTOBER 31, 2017
*Family members of the Scholarship Committee are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.Download Application