From the desk of the Executive Secretary – Kenneth A. Arendt
ATTENTION ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: DEADLINE
EXTENSION TO MARCH 31,
DEADLINE EXTENSION TO
MARCH 31, 2011
The First Catholic Slovak Union is pleased to announce it is accepting applications for its 2011 Scholarship Program.
Seventy (70) ONE-TIME SCHOLARSHIPS in the amount of $750.00 each will be awarded to the winners. In addition, a ONE-TIME “Philip Hrobak Scholarship” and “Stephanie Husek Scholarship” in the amount of $1,000.00 each will be awarded to the highest ranking male and female applicants respectively.
Three additional ONE-TIME SCHOLARSHIPS of $750.00 each will be given from the “John A. Sabol Nursing Scholarship Fund” to applicants who have been accepted into either an approved three or four year hospital nursing program or a fully-accredited college of their choice.
In addition, upon proof of college graduation sent to the Home Office, each recipient will be issued a $3,000 Single Premium Life Insurance Policy.
The rules and requirements are as follows:
1. Applicants must have a minimum of $5,000.00 reserve insurance (Ordinary Whole Life, Twenty Pay Whole Life, or Single Premium Whole Life) with F.C.S.U. for at least four years prior to April 1st of the year of graduation from high school; or an applicant must have $10,000.00 or more of JEP Term Insurance with the F.C.S.U. for at least four years prior to April 1st of the year of graduation from high school. All scholarship winners must maintain this insurance in force during their college years. Applicants must be insured prior to April 1, 2007 to be eligible under the rules of this period.
2. Applicants must apply for grants in the Spring of their senior year of high school, between the ages of 17 and 19.
3. Applicants must have applied for the Fall term of 2010 at a qualifying institution. Proof of college admission must be sent to the Home Office with the application.
4. Applicants must submit an official Scholarship application that can be obtained from a branch officer, the scholarship department of the F.C.S.U.; or download an application from www.fcsu.com.
5. Applicants must submit a completed application to: Scholarship Program, First Catholic Slovak Union, 6611 Rockside Road, Suite 300, Independence, OH 44131 not later than March 31, 2011.
6. Applications will be accepted only on the proper forms. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS (THOSE WHICH ARE RECEIVED NOT FULLY COMPLETED OR DO NOT HAVE ALL ATTACHMENTS) WILL BE INVALID AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED BY THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE.
7. Winners will be chosen by the Scholarship Committee (an independent group of educators) according to their individual merit in categories of high school cumulative grade point averages, extracurricular activities, talents, achievements, initiative, communication skills, transcripts and S.A.T. and/or A.C.T. test scores.
8. Final award checks will be made payable to the winners upon submitting a proof of college enrollment not later than the fall term of the following year (fall semester of 2012).
Applications must be postmarked by midnight, March 31, 2011. All applications without the above stipulated postmark will be considered invalid.
(Please follow this check list to prevent mailing us an incomplete application)
š Completed and signed application
š Official Transcript
š S.A.T. or A.C.T. test scores
š Proof of college admission
š 3 Letters of recommendation
JEDNOTA BENEVOLENT FOUNDATION, INC
2010 SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
The following is the list of Scholarship Winners from the Scholarship Committee:
Cambria J. Alpha New Haven, CT
Nicole E. Calabro Archbald, PA
Taryn L. Gilger Shamokin, PA
Anna E. Ivanec Chagrin Falls, OH
John J. Ivanec Chagrin Falls, OH
Ashley M. Lake Fairchance, PA
Leah Jane Miklovic St. Louis, MO
Joseph A. Ramsey Kennesaw, GA
Anna J. Sabo Charleroi, PA
Karin Scally Brunswick, OH